We are a creedal church in that we affirm the tenants of faith as listed in the Nicene Creed. We can also be described as a Trinitarian church in that we believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit one God three persons. Our faith is based on what can be read in the scriptures.
- We believe that there is only one God yet we experience Him in three ways.
- Of God the Father – we acknowledge that he created this world the universe and all that it contains and that his hand is evident in all that we see.
- Of Jesus – We acknowledge Him as both God and son of God. It is through the life death and resurrection of Jesus we can come to know God the Father and be reconciled with him. As we look at the life of Jesus we see the Father. As we look at the man Jesus we see a role for how we are to live our lives.
- Of the Holy Spirit – God and our advocate and guide. It is through the empowering of the Holy Spirit we can live our lives to the fullest.
- We believe that God gives gifts and talents to every person as He sees fit and he expects us to use those gifts and talents for the good of all of humanity.
- God has a purpose and plan for our lives and that is to live in harmony with God and our neighbours.
- We believe that the only way that we can be reconciled with God is through his son Jesus Christ. Without a saving relationship with Jesus Christ our lives have no real meaning or purpose.
- We believe that all people have fallen short of what God wants of us and as such we all come to God as sinners. There is none that have fallen so far that God cannot reach them and bring them into his presence. Yet we believe that God gives us the choice of whether we have that relationship with him even though it is his desire to have a relationship with everyone.